Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Auntie Fern!

So, I'm Auntie Fern again. But, leave it to my sister to make it more complicated than it needs to be. Wait... maybe she made it less complicated.

Well, she had an incredibly short labour this morning. So short, in fact, that there was no way there was enough time to get her to the hospital, and paramedics delivered my new niece on the bathroom floor.

Well, it seems everyone is good, but they're going to keep them both overnight at the hospital just in case. So, in December, I'll go see little Rilla (7lbs2) in Ottawa and help my sister bring both her girls home for Christmas.

5 comments:

Rebecca B. said...

Rilla! Fantastic name. I can't help but think of Ingleside of course. :)

Glad to hear they are both doing well. Great story!

David S. said...

Mazel Tov!

LuLu said...

Congratulations, Auntie Fern! And that name is a wonderful choice. Is there any Nordic connection with this one, or just with the east coast?

Catherine said...

No, nothing northern in this name. It's not literary either. My sister just straight-up liked it. :)

LuLu said...

She has good taste :)
And you are an awesome sister/aunt to be voluntarily flying with children. Let's hope the trip is not quite crazy enough to merit a blog post.