Saturday, October 09, 2010

Don't Force It.

Is anyone else over Glee?

I think last week's Britney Spears debacle was the nail in the coffin. Now I'm watching some superficial quick-and-tidy debate about spirituality and the hot guy who used to have a Mohawk is now singing "Only the Good Die Young" as some sort of argument that Judaism is "right?" I'm thoroughly exhausted by this quirky show, and it came on so quickly, I don't know why I didn't see it coming.

And I flipping love "Only the Good Die Young." And it is a great fit for the guy who knocked up the president of the Wait Until Marriage 'Cause God Sez So Club, but shoehorned into a debate over faith? Hm. I don't think so. It's a little too pat.

Now the atheist Curt's father is in a coma. I shudder to predict that the steadfast atheist is going to suddenly jump on the Jesus Train. I hope he sticks to it. (That being said, teenage faith is sometimes a fickle fellow.)

Finally, just to assure you all that it's not the roiling atheist in me getting her back up about this one ham-fisted episode of Glee, let me return once again to my lip-synching peeve. I am utterly at a loss as to why why WHY lip-synchers touch their tongues to their upper lip, outside their mouths, for the sound "l." It looks awful, it feels unnatural, and looks like ridiculous grandstanding.

Wow. Now she's singing Yentl.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Slow deep breaths Cate. In through your nose, hold, hold, hold, now slowly out through your mouth. There, doesn't that feel better?

Catherine said...

I know. The funny thing is, Tony: I'm SO much better than I used to be! :)