Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Clever!

I'm in the market for a new iPod, and there's a nifty new generation out there that I've got my eye on.I have an old Nano. I got it for my birthday in 2007. It's almost 4 years old and it is a little creaky. It's a 2GB, which today is laughable. My toothbrush has more memory than that.

The new Nano is as much as $189 for 16GB! Say whaaaa? I'm sure my folks paid about that for my Flinstones model I've been using for three sets of earphones now.

I went on the Apple website to see what the poop was on these new ones. Once you select a colour (crazy kids!), the next page you see asks you what you want engraved on your brand-spankin' new iPod. Careful, it warns you in small print: double-check your spelling! Engraved iPods can't be returned!

Ahhh. Well played, Apple. Respect.

Up the chances that your customers will void return eligibility by making a vanity option free.

Nice.

What would I have engraved? "Thug Life"? Is that your guess? Yeah, you're probably right.

Anyhow, since my old iPod is creaky but still works, I'm in no place to drop $200 on a new gadget. Even if I were gainfully employed, it's not in my nature.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

The new Nano's are SO PRETTY.

Craig said...

I have "These pretzels are making me thirsty" on the back of my iPod.