Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

I don't know why I'm surprised. When things get too big they have a hard time functioning. Look at poor Saint Bernards and Irish Wolfhounds. They're too big and die earlier than smaller, more efficient dogs.

Anyhow, U of T is the biggest uni. in the country. It has as many students as Charlottetown has residents.

It also has a truly embarrassing online student interface system. I am taking 2 classes with U of T, one, live, in person, in a real classroom with a sentient prof in front of me, and another on-line, through U of T's School of Continuing Studies.

I have 2 different passwords for the 2 separate student pages that look exactly the same, except there is ONE link on each page for ONE class. Why in the name of all that is holy wouldn't I have the same Portal with both my classes listed? I have to exit my entire web browser in order to log in to the other one.

If they're going to use the excuse that one of my classes is through the School of Continuing Studies, that's utter bullshit. It's humiliating that a school as big and as rich as U of T can't consolidate its student portal.

There, University of Toronto: you can suck it.

No comments: