Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mercy.

Ok, so it's actually worse than I thought. The schoolwork is very time-consuming. Well, maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake.

I think the major problem is my Physiology class. Instead of 3 lectures a week, there are 4, so the first quiz, which is on Monday has 12 lectures on it, not 9. I am currently watching lecture 6. SO, I have 7 lectures to get through by Monday. Oh, and do all the CD-Rom labs, and do the mock quizzes, AND study! I hope I have time to see MacGruber!

Actually, the problem isn't the quantity of the lectures - it's the content. I thought we were going to be talking about muscles and bones 'n' shit, but it's really a chemistry class. I'm (meant to be) learning about net charges of cells and membrane potentials and polarization of this and that. It's much more micro than I thought it would be. I hope we get to the macro stuff soon and this first slog is a good foundation. I just hope I can retain it long enough to make it useful later on. Like on the exam.

Quick note: my best break/treat last weekend (besides visiting with my Confed girlies) was seeing The Trotsky. It was very good. I laughed a lot, and often long after everyone else was done laughing. Yeah, that's how I roll.
Back to the books...

No comments: