Monday, May 31, 2010

Dear Friends Who Might Think I'm Ignoring/Avoiding You.

I'm not ignoring, but I've never really known the kind of brain drain that I'm undergoing right now.

Both Statistics and Physiology are owning my ass, and I can't find a lot of spare time.

I am avoiding phone calls, since they are dangerous and can make time fly by. I can't let that happen these days. Quick little emails might be your best bet if you're hoping to contact me.

BUT: Holly deserves a mention because she recently successfully defended her PhD dissertation, and handed in the final copy today. It was a lot of work, and we're all so pleased and proud! Congratulations!

In the meantime, if anyone can tell me (in a way I can understand) how
P(A|B) can equal both P(A) and P(A and B)/P(B), but they are not the same bleedin' thing, that would be flippin' great.

2 comments:

H. said...

THANKS!

And I am of no help, re: stats. The only thing I learned therein was "Those who do not learn from stats are doomed to repeat it... and repeat it..."

Good thing my PhD had nothing to do with means, medians or modes. whew!

Rosey said...

Go, Catherine, go!