Friday, January 22, 2010

Here I Go Again On My Own.

Well, this is a new one: I've quit jobs and I've finished up contracts, but I've never been laid off.

It's been no secret that I didn't like my job. It wasn't very challenging, paid me peanuts, and didn't pay me very often. In fact, I think it was 4 times this past year I wasn't paid for 6 weeks.

So, it wasn't much of a surprise that I was laid off this week. In fact, I was relieved and a little happy. The job wasn't good and the pay wasn't good or regular. I'm probably better off.

I'd been hunting for work all year, but now I've got more of a fire under me.

Ugh.

2 comments:

H. said...

"Like a drifter/hobo*, I was born to walk alone."

(*Drifter was much cooler than hobo, I guess... The barrel and bean-can hat just wasn't up to the image a classy band like White Snake desired.)

Fingers crossed for better economic times very soon.

(Also, I am considering moving to Halifax soon, so I think you should go to Dal.)

(Edited for a typo.)

Catherine said...

Dal is on my list of potential applicants.