Monday, October 26, 2009

Really, AMC?

"The Shining" is playing on AMC right now. It started at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

At 2:15 PM, I saw a horrified Danny foresee an elevator door opening, filling an Outlook Hotel hallway with a tsunami of blood. It's 2:45 now, and he's tooling around the halls on his big-wheels. WHERE ARE THOSE TWINS?!? I KNOW THEY'RE THERE!!!

I can't believe they're allowed to air this at this time of day. Care Bears used to have this time slot.

On a related note: was Shelly Duvall considered a good actress? I think she's awful. No matter how genious the movie is and how kickety-kick-ass the novel is, I hate hate hate her performance in this movie. I really would like to be able to find out what motivated them to cast her when her Wendy is so different than the Wendy in King's novel.

UPDATE: It's now 3:45, and they just had all (or from what I can remember, all) of the lady corpse ghost scene with Jack. Sure, her business was blurred out, but that's a lot of rotting flesh to broadcast in the light of day.

No comments: