Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Have You Heard? It's In The Stars.

North By Northwest is on. I wish I could sit and watch the whole thing tonight. It's one of the best movies you've (most likely) never seen.

Also, although not nearly in the same league, High Society is a musical version of the excellent The Philidelphia Story, one of my favourites. No matter how much you like musicals, always choose The Philidelphia Story over High Society.

Still, I love listening to butter + butter = "Well, Did You Evah" with Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.



Best rhyme with "Blanche" ever.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hang on, there's a MUSICAL version of The Philadelphia Story? Does it involve a singing Jimmy Stewart? Because then I might have to like it better...but these two do add a little bit of sunshine to my morning! Thank you!

Catherine said...

It totally DOES NOT have any Jimmy Stewart. That's one of the many reasons it's not as good as The Philadelphia Story. It does have smooth Sinatra and Crosby, but IT'S NOT THE SAME THING as Stewart, Hepburn, and Grant!