Tuesday, March 10, 2009

They Bought It.

On Saturday night, I went to see a live improvised version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

I was pretty NRVOUS, because, as I told my housemates,

"I tend to hate improv, but I tend to fucking love Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

I liked it, but mostly, I'm sure, because of my undying love for the original.

The improv parts were ok, but the suggestions from the audience were not great, so the performers didn't have a lot to work with. The guy who played Cameron was fantastic, even though, through audience suggestions, his father was Bill Cosby and the Ferrari was the cab from Ghost Dad.

It basically made me think of what my sister and I acted out in our basement.

Ok, we never did that, but we totally could have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He'll keep calling! He'll keep calling until I go over! I'll go, I'll go, I'll go!

You killed the car.

You lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then again, so is high school.

I am SO ready for our show!
Hugs
Mar

Catherine said...

I'm on my way to Ottawa. Since you have the cadeuceus shirt, you be Cameron, and I'll be Rooney and the Maitre D'. Mike will play all other characters.