Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinny, Chin, Chin.

I forgot to tell the story of my housemate L and her early-morning visit to Emerg.

My housemates threw a Hallowe'en party last year. I had to go to bed early because I had to write a test for the government early the next morning.

When I got home, mid-morning the next day, I found that my housemates had just gotten back from the hospital!

It turns out my housemate L, who is famous for her ability to sleep n'importe d'ou, n'importe de quand, got ready for sleep in the wee hours, went to bed, but then decided to make one last trip to the bathroom.

She must have been asleep, we have decided.

Well, she fell as she walked down the hall, and evidently didn't put out her arms to break for fall. Her chin took the brunt of the force.

My other two housemates heard the noise and went into the hall to find L, stunned, lying in a widening puddle of blood.

They soaked a couple of towels with blood and decided it wasn't going to stop on its own, so got a cab and raced to Emergency.

L got 6 stitches in her split chin. (I think she could have taken a 7th.) It was gory. I saw a cellphone picture of the split once it was cleaned up, and it honestly looked like another mouth.

While she was healing, we all reserved the right to tease her. We called her a lot of names, but my favourites are Gashley Olsen, and the inspired, genius, artful... Chinneth Falltrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee. . . not so much about the chin injury, but moreso about the cruel yet comical nicknames L earned as a result. Too funny!

Lisa