Friday, July 11, 2008

Toronto's Never Looked So Good To Me.

Horray!

I'm back in Canada!

My flight out of London was 1.5 hours late, but I didn't miss it, it wasn't 16 hours late, and it wasn't unceremoniously cancelled, so I was thrilled. I did, however, have to sit next to a clueless young mother and her 9-month-old son who excercised his considerable lungs for many hours. Also, she sneezed on me. I think she was trying to avoid her son, but maybe her sleeve or the aisle would have been a better choice.

I am ok so far for jetlag, and I stayed up until 10pm Toronto time (2am London) to try to get back on track.

I have lost all the great ukulele callouses I built up, so the last half hour of playing with Duke has really shredded my fingertips. "Weighty Ghost" (all two chords of it) and "Home For a Rest" both sound grand, though.

Tonight my housemates and I leave for New York City.

Since I had to BUY a whole new flight out of Switzerland, I am $300 poorer than I was planning on, so this trip is going to be a bit of a struggle. I just have to remember I found some fantastic things in Europe and don't need to shop any more.

I have to go do laundry.

No comments: