Tuesday, July 08, 2008

EasyJet Can Suck My Dick, or, Caveat Emptor.

Never has a name been more inaccurate. EasyJet, my arse.

I am meant to be in London right now. My flight last night from Basel, Switzerland, was cancelled and I was left high and dry.

After much tossing and turning upon re-arrival at my dear friend Sarah's place, I have bought another flight with EasyJet for Wednesday the 9th, which seems to be my only affordable option. It cost me $300, and I'm cutting it far too close for my liking for my flight back to Canada on the 10th.

I cannot believe how incredibly impossible it is to talk to anyone at EasyJet. It costs £1 a minute to talk to a computer and go in circles only to be told, matter-of-factly, that they can't help.

This is the thing, though - I really only have myself to blame. The tickets to see Sarah were very cheap: £87, or about $180, all in, round trip. Because it seemed too good to be true, it was.

I have had terrible luck with flights this trip. It makes me never want to leave home again. My AC flight was 16 hours late, I missed my flight to Dublin, my flight to Verona was late, my flight to Basel was late, my flight back to London is now cancelled, which jeopardizes my flight home.

I've had crying jags and screaming fits, and fitful jagged sleep. I am worn out and worried and I want to go home!

2 comments:

Holly said...

luck and hugs!

Catherine said...

Thanks, doll! Fingers crossed!