Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Think I Understand The Attraction Now...

I'm in California. Yesterday was my friend Lily's wedding. It was a blast, very beautiful, and I'm very stiff from dancing my face off last night.

I'll write more when I get home, tomorrow.

I've been sunscreened within an inch of my life, but am getting used to the temperate weather. There's a breeze and it's been sunny every day. It never rains in California, they say.

I don't get the same feeling I do in the northern 'States. I mean, it doesn't seem to be as backwards and ignorant. Everyone is very tanned, and fit, and I've only seen two smokers since I arrived. Everything on the menus can be substituted with tofu. The beaches are breathtaking (and this is coming from a PEIslander!), and there were dozens of surfers bobbing in the water, waiting for their waves.

I'm off to a BBQ now, hosted by the new couple. More tofu?

No comments: