Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's Just Been Raining... On My Face.

I've been sleeping in the living room for 8 nights now. The shed roof extension part of my room is leaking. Discoloured spots met me when I woke up last Monday, so I moved my bed from under it. When I got home that night, water was leaking through.

I've moved my mattress onto the flattened futon of the small TV room off the kitchen and shoved everything I could in my room over to one side.

Calls to my super are fruitless. I call every 2 days to ask what the progress is with the roofers, and I don't get anywhere. If I call him, he hangs up on me. When I leave a message and he calls me back, he's calmer, but still I don't get anywhere.

Last time we spoke (Sunday), I asked him to do me a favour: not to hang up on me. I pointed out that it was rude and I didn't appreciate it. He yelled at me for about 5 minutes. The gems he doled out included:

He's busy with 45-50 other people
He's more concerned about the water damage than I am
I am inconsiderate to call him on his cell phone

It's difficult for me to respond or try to calm him down because he talks over me and cuts me off. He's incredibly rude, and if I'm not satisfied next time I call, I'm going over his head.

I can't wait until I get a rental unit where there aren't leaks, sewer gas, mice or ants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and yet, not as bad as the landlord who is now wanted by the international police service for war crimes!

Sarah

Catherine said...

True dat, yo!