Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Heart The TTC.

TTC workers might be going on strike starting on Tuesday. If they do, I am seriously boned for getting to work. I don't have a car, I don't own a bike, and I don't own rollerblades, even if I did know how to use them. Google Maps says it's 12k. I could walk that in about 2 hours, if I keep a good pace. I have to be at work by 8:30. Super.

I can't get a cab; it would cost me a day's pay.

Last Thursday, I arrived on the College subway platform just as a train's doors were closing, so I started to walk to the adventageous end of the platform. As I walked, the doors opened again, so I decided to hop on, but as I made my move, they started to close again. I stopped myself - it's no big deal. The conductor, though, must have seen me, because he opened the doors again! I called out, "cheers!" As I sat down in the car, the conductor came over the PA and said, "you're welcome."

At the same time, there was a dude on the Subway on Thursday night who freakin' smelled like piss.

I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

No comments: