Sunday, November 04, 2007

One More Week! One More Week!

There's only one more week of this, my first semester.

Yeah, biz-natch! I own you!

I handed back term papers on Friday, and it cast a true pall over the class. Everyone was so quiet, it weirded me out in a big, bad, dirty way. It was like they were telepathically planning to mutiny.

In other news, I think I'm replacing my lost husband with a new model. This will be the first non-actor, non-singer on my list, but I'm happy with my choice. I think we can officially welcome Jamie Oliver to Cate's Husband List. I've loved this character for quite some time, but didn't consider him until today. Now, I know what you're thinking: I rarely act so rashly when it comes to the H.List, but I'm confident in this one.

So, Jamie'll be number 13, and I want feedback from you kind readers regarding a possible number 14.

Finally, I want to apologise about the lack of posting in the last couple of months. My computer doesn't work with the wireless we have at the house, so I have to buy a card. I'm upstairs on B's compy now.

The house is great and I'm having a lot of fun with my housemates. They're all solid folks. We went out last night to celebrate C's birthday. I personally think the night was ruined by the shittity shit-poor DJs. There was one never-ending track which had intermittant screaming, and then there was another never-ending crap track which sampled the opening hook of "Jump Around" with a shit "b-b-b-b-b-b-b-breakdown" thing. DON'T TEASE ABOUT HOUSE OF PAIN!!! Can I dance to a little James Brown, please? Kanye? Is that too much to ask? I have to go back to the Dance Cave.

I'm doing ok, living in this city, but because I'm so busy at work, I really haven't been able to explore as much as I'd like. And on weekends, I'm so burnt out, I just want to vegetate in my fuzzy robe. I miss PEI, and family and my girlfriends there, and smelling the ocean, and Charlottetown's lack of hobos, and just the familiarity of that environment, but I do like the anonymity of the big city, too. I must say, though, I can't wait to get home for Christmas break. December 21st!

2 comments:

Rosey said...

And we can't wait to see you either!

Anonymous said...

Is there a list of the first twelve? Is John Krasinski* on it?
He is tall, handsome, talented and funny. Never mind. He is mine.


*from The Office, Jarhead Leatherheads, License to Wed, Shrek 3, American Dad