Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rapid Fire.

I am now out of my friend's house because they needed my bed for a prodigal daughter. I now live with a friend of theirs, another stop north on the subway. It's a great house and it'll serve the purpose as a stop-gap until I move into my own house in 2 weeks. I miss my friend's house, though. Leaving was sad.

School is fine. As stressful as ever. Caught a plagiarist this weekend. I've wanted to do that for a while. It's very satisfying.



Went to Nuit Blanche this last weekend. It was this all-night, city-wide modern art "thing." I didn't really enjoy it, but I wandered off the beaten track and found myself in the gay village, which, while entertaining, wasn't part of the official festivities. The official stuff I did see what wierd esoteric stuff that mostly just makes me angry.

Then, the next day I went to "Word on the Street," which is a reading fair. I got two magazine subscriptions for cheap ("The Walrus" and "The Alternatives Journal," both Canadian). The whole thing was, as T described it, "a librarian's wet dream." He was right: it was great. I was surrounded by, drifting away in, revelling in a sea of geeks, and I loved it.

I'm at school now. I haven't had my computer going for some time, hence the lack of posts. Also, I've mostly been using the school compies, so I don't want to go on the Book of Face. If you've been trying to communicate with me on Facebook, knock it off. That's what email's for. So there.

No comments: