Thursday, September 13, 2007

Shalom!

All hail the wonderful and beautiful Jewish faith.

All hail half the student population of my school who belong to the aforementioned wonderful and beautiful Jewish faith, because it has given us all today and tomorrow off to celebrate Rosh Hashanah. And I will. I will celebrate Rosh Hoshanah, with all the gentile gusto I can muster. I'm going to party like it's 5768.

The first three days of school have been ok, but there's a strange dichotomy between appearing super-confident in front of the students while figuritively browning my pants. The classes are two-and-a-half hours long, so the teachers have to have a lot of meaningful material to go over. Having never taught the class before (grade 12 English Lit.), I happily and openly steal lesson plans from the other, more experienced, teachers.

Some of my students, I can tell already, are going to be great. Some of them, of course, I'm afraid, are crapweasels. Huge crapweasels. Hopefully, as the semester progresses, I'll be able to instil some fear in them.

I'm tired, though. I slept until 8am this morning, and it was so decadent!

No comments: