Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apologies.

I'm so sorry, all you kind people that for whatever reason are interested in reading about my life [insert: you creepy voyeurs].

My school has three periods a day, each 2.5 hours long.

In the first period (8:30 - 11:00), I co-teach English Lit. to 8 students with a very experienced teacher. I surepticiously take notes on what she does.

In the second period (11:15 - 1:45), I'm on my own for the same class again with 9 students. This is when I blatantly rip off everything my colleague did in the first period.

I don't have a class in the third period. This is usually when I eat. I only eat one or two granola bars during the second period, but otherwise, nothing. I am pretty cranked up on nerves, so I don't really feel the hunger until I get out of the classroom.

I also photocopy. A lot. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go on worker's comp. when I'm diagnosed with "Toner Lung."

Then on Mondays and Wednesdays, I teach a night class which goes from 4:30 - 7:30. I'm really tired out on those nights, and the 3 students aren't terribly engaged, so I feel like I have to dance around more than usual to keep them interested.

I finally kicked the adrenaline-enduced headache I had all last week, but I still live in fear that I'm going to be found out as an imposter. When I was introduced to an aunt of T's last week, I felt like I was lying when I told her I was a teacher.

I'm a teacher.

I'm about as comfortable claiming that I'm a teacher as I would be claiming I'm a gun-runner.

2 comments:

mel said...

Was that entire post a build up to your subtly admitting to running guns? Wow, talk about a twist ending!

Catherine said...

Damn it! Foiled! Amhad is going to be furious with me!