Friday, August 24, 2007

Last Day.

It's my last full day in Minden. I go home - home home - tomorrow, and then I drive back up here to move my stuff to Toronto. (If I could stop typing Tornoto anytime soon, that would be just great.)

We're saying goodbyes, but I'm mostly sad that I have to pack. Packing sucks dirty donkey dicks, and I don't wanna!

I'm going to miss my classmates, and I think I'm going to miss the manual labour. I like my place here in Minden, too, for the most part. My roommate is amazing and I've made some great friends.

Yesterday there was an invite-only open house at the now-finished museum, and I had to do a speech on behalf of my classmates. There were over 100 people there and all the grown-ups went first with their speeches, all written down and heartfelt. I felt like a tit because I had to say something somewhat meaningful and thank a ton of people and not make myself look an idiot in front of my classmates.

In the end, it was ok, and people kept telling me I gave a good speech, but I was browning my pants the whole time and I am glad it's all over.

Straw bale house anyone?

Postscript: I drew a deep breath today as I changed my location (to the left of the screen) from Minden to Toronto, Ontario.

2 comments:

Mitch said...

I don't know, Catherine, I've been enjoying packing up. AND it will be quite awesome to see you before I head out.

promyka5 said...

It was really good seeing you again, Catherine (if only very briefly)!

Here's a link to another video clip I thought you might appreciate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdn_AAKusl8

Can't wait to see you when you get back into town for Christmas, but 'til then, I'll keep reading cafern! Have a blast teaching this Fall!

Kevin