Friday, July 06, 2007

All The BS.

My computer is still ill. It's in hospital in Haliburton, and it'll probably have to stay there for the weekend. Bah, humbug.

Work on the site is going really well. I've been adding a lot more pictures to the website (see linque du jour, left).

Yesterday, I worked the entire day on the plasters team. In the morning, we made 3 or 4 batches of clay slip, 3 batches of cob, and 4 or 5 batches on interior plaster, which is 10% cow manure. (I can't link to reference pages with my classmate's Mac, so you'll have to look up what cob is on your own. Sorries.)

All afternoon, we plastered the interior north wall. The others used gloves, but I went bare-handed.

I went home at 4 to clean up for the weekly site tour, which I host. I washed my hands, scrubbed them in the shower, and then had to take a nail brush to them when I got our of the shower. Then, last night, they still smelled of cow shit.

More and more, I understand why farming is such a noble profession.

Last night's tour was the biggest turnout yet. There were over 20 people, when before the most was 12. It was cool.

Finally, I saw Transformers on Tuesday night. I know, I know... why? Well, it was really to support Husband List Member #13, Mr. Shia LaBoeuf. I guess he did a good job with what he was given, but that wasn't much. He did, at one point, have to tell the uber-skank he was a-courtin' that she was "more than meets the eye." Oh, no. Oh, yes.

The movie was shit on a stick. I kinda knew it would be, going in, but it exceeded my expectations.

Maybe my hands didn't stink from the plaster, but just proximity to Transformers.

No comments: