Saturday, June 02, 2007

Project Ho.

How can I be stressed about school?

At this stage of my life, I should be stressed about the looming merger between my firm and some German conglomerate, and I have German on my cv and I'm afraid they'll find out that I've padded that line from "can barely cope" to "absolutely fluent," so, in my creativity-stifling cubicle, I desperately search out night courses in German at the local community college.

I've got a huge project due Monday where I have to plot out 2 options for every possible choice for my design project, and, the element that's really stuck in my craw*, do the budget up as well. Hmph. I can definitley shop for prices of, say, handbags or shoes, but cubic yards of infill soil? On PEI from Ontario? Forget this noise. I'ma make it up.

I tried to have a nap a couple of hours ago. It seemed like a worthwhile alternative to work, but I woke myself up I was sweating so loudly. It is currently 33 with the humidex. I walked to get groceries this morning and had pitstains to my knees by the time I got home.

Meanwhile, it's 11 degrees in Charlottetown. EE-levin. Spring jacket weather.

(I suspect the spring jacket merchants in Ontario have gone right belly-up. There's no transition into summer here. It's all winter sleety snowyness and then, BAM! Hot-breath-on-the-back-of-your-neck-and-not-in-a-good-way-weather.)

Guh. I have to go hit this project. I've been farting about all day and now it's 5pm. Project ho!

*As soon as I locate my craw, I will remove said element.

No comments: