Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Chairman Of The Bored.

I'm all alone! Wee! Almost every one of my classmates have gone away for the long weekend. They're all closer to home than me. Hell, even Dave flew back to Saskatchewan, but he's a farmer and he had to take a few days to sow crops. So I guess he has an excuse. Pf.

I like having the apartment to myself. Don't get me wrong - I like that my classmates and housemates drop by at any time, but I really value alone time, too. Yesterday, I got my hair trimmed and didn't do anything else all day. I watched tv (I'm going through a Scrubs phase, in case it not soon clear), downloaded Limewire and started gathering music. My favourite acquisition was Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison." Holy crap, that song kicks it.

On Friday, my sister successfully defended her Master's thesis. She was pooping her pants and having heart attacks beforehand, but she pulled it together for the day. I'm so proud of her! She finished with expert timing, and now she and I are both qualified to push paper and be bitter under-appreciated shells of our former selves.

The Playlist To Which I Am Currently Busting Moves:

Simon and Garfunkel: The Only Living Boy In New York
Gnarls Barkley: Crazy
Bell Biv DeVoe: Poison (1990 was a dark year for fashion)
Amy Winehouse: Rehab
Cozy Powell: Dance With The Devil
Man Parrish: Hip Hip (Be Bop) ("It's not hip-hop, it's electro. Prick.")
Fergie: Fergalicious
The Shins: New Slang
Hot Hot Heat: Talk To Me, Dance With Me
The Kaiser Chiefs: Everything Is Average Nowadays
The Kaiser Chiefs: Ruby
The Kaiser Chiefs: I Predict a Riot
Kanye West: Touch the Sky
Kid Koala: The Gonk
Kylie Minogue and Robbie Williams: Kids
LCD Soundsystem: Daft Punk Is Playing At My House
Manic Street Preachers: You Stole The Sun From My Heart
Manic Street Preachers: Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Mika: Grace Kelly
Kernkraft 400: Zombie Nation (It is impossible to find a clip of this song that isn't crap or gross. Find it yourself.)
Stars: Your Ex-Lover Is Dead
Supergrass: Moving
T-Rex: Solid Gold Easy Action
The Fratellis: Baby Fratelli (video not a coincidence)
The Fratellis: Cuntry Boys and City Girls
The Fratellis: Flathead
The Fratellis: Henrietta
The Fratellis: Chelsea Dagger
The Fratellis: Whistle For The Choir
The Specials: Ghost Town

I've been listening to VirginRadio.co.uk a lot lately, and it's really influenced my choices. I think I have to order Costello Music and Yours Truly, Angry Mob, not to mention Back to Black.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are listening to a lot of the same stuff I am -- even the Trex!

Holly said...

Congrats to the sis!