Friday, April 27, 2007

Damned If You Do.

What the hell?! The White Stripes are playing Charlottetown this summer? I get into an amazing course in Ontario and The White Stripes are playing in my hometown. That seems fair.

Ok, I guess I did see John Mayer last weekend, and he sure isn't playing the Charlottetown Civic Centre.

I just met with one of the reporters of the Haliburton Echo and Minden Times. We have a mutual friend in Melanie Wood; wunderkind, present Editor-in-Chief of the University of Ottawa's The Fulcrum, and the most famous person to ever come out of Tarantum, PEI. This reporter, Jessica Young, was EiC before Mel, and we had a fun talk. It was half interview, half chat. I think we'll get along this summer and she'll be a great person to know.

Postscript: Mobile is now playing in Charlottetown, too. I know when I leave Minden, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists will play here at the sketchy Rockcliffe bar.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

You can always come to Ottawa. They are playing here during Bluesfest on July 8th. Whaaaaa....another reason to visit super-cool Marilyn?
Oh, by the way. I hurt my thumb.
Hugs

mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mel said...

Jess is a fun chick. I think it's hilarious that you've already run into each other. Did the asian-ness tip you off?

side note though: she was news editor a couple years ago. She didn't run the joint.

Catherine said...

Oops! Maybe she said news. I dunno. I wasn't the one taking notes during the conversation. And look at you, there, little Miss EiC, putting your inferiors in their places. Snap.

9:52 PM