Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rocks For Jocks.

In the spring, a young man's fancy turns lightly to thoughts of not snapping their axles in the titanic potholes that appear on Prince Edward Island roads.

The soil softens, and with no bedrock to speak of, the floating asphalt becomes like mini techtonic plates. They shift away from one another, leaving muddy red gashes with malleable margins. They also shift toward each other forming broken fault lines and sudden valleys. Driving becomes more like a video game. If you're not familiar with the road you're driving, you run the risk of cracking your teeth.

Whoever said Prince Edward Island was a mild, peaceful place? This is hard livin'. On the streets, yo.

3 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Yep, I removed that last comment because of a spelling mistake. I'm not sure what's worse now- that blot of post removal on my record, or a silly spelling error?

Anyway, as I was saying, I think I saw that hole on campus. I wonder how much homework I could lose in it.

Rosey said...

I remember last spring there was a pothole so bad in the parking lot by the KCI building that they had to put barricades up to keep cars from falling into it.