Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Playing Dressup.

I got my work boots. They're a combination of orthopedic and Munster. I tried on a lot of pairs. Since I have size 11 feet, they didn't have any ladies' boots in my size, so I had to try on all the big, wide, mens' boots. While the length isn't bad, the width in most of them are too generous. I wouldn't wear narrow shoes, normally, but my feet are slightly narrow, so the men's ones are too big around, so I have to pull the laces extra tight.

From now on, though, if I'm going to spend $100 on footwear, I want them to be prettier.

Last night, Lisa lent me her husband for a shopping trip. Chris and I went to Canadian Tire and Home Depot and I bought almost all of the tools I need. I still need a hard hat, eyewear, and ear protection and some other misc. things, but I checked off most of my list. (See below in green.) It was nice to have someone around who, with experience, knows with what tools I can go cheap and which ones I should pay for quality. Also, there were some things I just couldn't find because I didn't know what they are. He also lent me side-cutters, lots of bits, a measuring tape, and he's trying to dig up an extra respirator, which will be a big help for my budget.

Today I'm going to give blood, and tonight is a curry and movie night. I'm slowly boring through my schoolbooks, but it's way more fun to design homes, so that's what I've mostly been doing in my spare time.

No comments: