Monday, March 12, 2007

Break Radio Silence.

Sorry for the incommunicado.

I've really had nothing to report this week. I've been going to work, going home, and going to work again. Would you rather read pith or bumf?

This is my last week in at the Gallery, and then I have two weeks before I leave for Ontario. I spent a lot of time yesterday going through my Hamilton apartment stuff and weeding out what I'll need in my Minden apartment. I have to think economy, because I don't want to bring stuff up only to not need it and then have to cart it back again in September. Do I need two casseroles? Do I need one? (Yes - what if the roof leaks?) I have to start shopping for tools and supplies this week, too.

Potpourri:

-The new Beyonce and Shakira video makes me uncomfortable. Maybe because they seem to blend into one person. Maybe because it looks like it was filmed in a shvitz room at a day spa. Maybe because the song is shite.

-It's warm again here on the Island. While I hate winter, I'm a little disappointed we haven't had a ring-tail snorter of a storm. (That's what my father calls a huge storm.)

-I made it a week without watching Shaun of the Dead. I think I've talked my co-workers at the Gallery into screening it on Friday, though. I should be able to hold out until then.

-I watched a lot of "Mr. Show" this weekend. I think I like it. There's something missing that I don't like, or maybe it's dated or something, but I will keep watching. David Cross' stand-up, however, is gold, and I recommend you have a listen to one of his CDs if you have the opportunity.

-I've also been watching "Green Wing," a British hour-long comedy. It's mentioned at times on the Ricky Gervais Show (podcasts), so I thought I'd give it a go. It's got some familiar faces in it, and is very dark and perverted. I am also unsure if I like it, since it kinda crosses the line for me at times. (You know it has to be bad when...) I usually love that the British seem to have a higher capacity for absurdity in their comedy, but almost every character in this show is so profoundly odd, I have a hard time enjoying myself.

There. Will that keep the shakes at bay, you vultures?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am gratified... FOR NOW.

Lynda said...

Yay! News from Catherine!

I still haven't seen Shaun of the Dead yet...

Catherine said...

Gasp! I don't know what to do about this! You and Michelle will have to have a zombie night/afternoon like we did!

Holly said...

Why don't you post that supplies list of yours? I think we would all enjoy a moment of "huh?", since I don't imagine too many of your readers are the hammers-n-nails sort.