Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yesterday.

All day yesterday I thought it was Thursday.

Remember on "The Office" (US), season 2, when Jim worked all day to get Dwight to think it was Friday (even though it was Thursday), just so he wouldn't come in the next day? I love that. I'm glad I don't have a co-worker who (openly) hates me enough to do that to me yesterday, because it would have worked!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and usually I have lots of loneliness issues, but, save for a short glimmer of the nobody loves me blues, I was really hyper! I got a card from my Dad, some chocolates from the great receptionist at the gallery, and 4 hours of work last night for a jazz cabaret that evening. There were tons of great old standard songs sung, like "Fly Me To The Moon," "I Could Write A Book," and "They All Laughed." I lurve old songs like that with skilled lyricists like Ira Gershwin.

I think a lot of the time, my loneliness is directly proportional to my stress level. I'm pretty mellow right now, so I'm happy being alone. I don't have to consult with anyone before I move or take a vacation. Or do most things, for that matter!

For Valentine's Day, I decided to wear my hair like Pam did in the Valentine's episode of "The Office." I put little curls in it and tied it back with a headband, and I must say, I looked super-dee-duper cute. I defy any eligable man to not ask me out when I look that cute!

(Freaks need not apply.)

(Geeks welcome.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy! Wasn't his card cute. He thought it was so clever. I don't know the episode you are talking about, but I can picture your hair in curls with a headband....a vision!
Loves Marilyn