Friday, January 12, 2007

It's...

I've been listening to my Spamalot soundtrack on a loop lately. It's so well done, and it still makes me laugh. I said before in my review that it's a satirical send-up of big Broadway shows tucked inside of- and disguised as a big Broadway show. It's great for musical fans and those Monty Python freaks.

The original cast in New York had Tim Curry as King Arthur, Hank Azaria as Sir Lancalot, David Hyde Pierce as (Brave) Sir Robin, and Sara Ramirez as the Lady of the Lake. I would have never known from Grey's Anatomy that Dr. Torres has a huge Broadway-style singing voice. I think my favourite song she sings is called "Whatever Happened to My Part (Diva's Lament)". The Lady of the Lake had lots of songs in the first act, but quite a few songs go by in the second act before she struts out in her dressing gown and basically throws a hissy fit. This video is a good example of what audiences would have seen, however overexposed. And of course I don't condone the use of recording devices in a copyrighted show. =cough=

I liked the British Lady of the Lake, but it would have been cool to see Dr. Torres.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That's how she got the role on Grey's. ABC saw her and said that she was so good and they wanted her and she could be in whatever show she wanted to be. so she picked greys!

Catherine said...

Wow! That's really something! No wonder she feels she can always correct people when they pronounce her name too English.

Laura said...

Even more fun than watching it on the computer? Having my almost 18-year old brother singing along with the clips. Thanks for helping to make that moment!