Thursday, November 23, 2006

Working Is For Chumps.

This nine-to-five thing is nuts! How does anyone get anything done outside of work? And it feels especially bad in the winter, where the day seems over at five because the sun's gone. Not gone. Hiding.

That being said, I love working here at the Gallery. The last couple of weeks I've been working on the Gallery's Emergency Preparedness Procedures, which is pretty cool. I'm learning a lot about the restoration of damaged art, and tomorrow I go to a collections management seminar, which could be really dry, or super interesting. Or a combination of both.


One good thing is having a little more disposible income. So basically, what I'm saying is: anyone expecting Christmas gifts from me can forget it because I'm wearing your gifts on my feet. I received two new pairs of flats today from JCrew (on sale times two, of course), and I'm going to have a lot of fun wearing them. I hope you like peace on earth and goodwill to men, because that's all you're getting from me!

I do want to include a link to the photos taken at September's Strawbale Contruction workshop I attended. Kara Stonehouse (har, har, I know... stone house...) has set up a Flickr page, so enjoy. I'm a giant tall one with the glowing red sweater. Try to pick me out.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cate + pigtails = cute!
But you don't look so happy having your hands in that goopy stuff...

John Holton said...

I know what you mean about the 9-to-5 thing; who would think that a mere 40 hours a week could suck so much time and energy out of a person? It's not even two full days out of seven!
Glad to hear you're lovin' the Gallery; aren't those secret elevators hidden in the walls cool? Have fun spoling yourself with your newfound disposable income!