Monday, July 24, 2006

I Can Get A Job, I Can Pay The Phone Bill...

Well, it looks like I missed the party of the year. All I know is, I'm going to marry this kid.

I put in my eight hours up at the Art Gallery this weekend. It was chucking down rain on Sunday, so it was the busiest I've ever seen it. I had over 100 guests.

"Anne" has been so quiet. When I started working at the Confederation Centre, "Anne" sold at least 900 seats for every show, and it usually sold out. (Capacity is 1,102.) Lately, 600 and 700 houses have been the norm. It means less work for me right now, I suppose, but I'm afraid what it might mean in the future. Two dark nights instead of one?

I went to see "Oscar and Felix" on Saturday night, when I was missing the party of the year. "Oscar and Felix" was an adaptation of Niel Simon's "The Odd Couple." It's so strange to see a play after watching musicals so much at the Centre. It's so much more intimate. I liked the show, but I found that the supporting roles were stronger than the leading.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Poor Enid.