Saturday, June 03, 2006

This Is Not A Test.

On Thursday, I wrote an exam for Health Canada in Halifax. I apparently can’t talk about it because it was confidential, and talking about it might jeopardise me not getting hired for the thousandth time! Oh no! It’ll be such a shock! I think it’s fair to say I’m pretty sure I botched the whole affair, though. Dammit.

What was I expecting, though? That I would wander in, they’d present me with a sceptre, tiara, health plan and pension?

I was telling Jackie last night that I’m in another trough of discouragement. This is not to say that the (hopefully) forthcoming crest is not still in the discouraged range. Oh, no – it’s just all varying degrees of disappointment and self-doubt. 27? Living with my parents? Jobless? Useless two year, thesis based graduate degree? Check, check, check, check. This is not helping my usual self-esteem problems.

2 comments:

Krista Sparkles said...

A certain P.E. Trudeau was in the same position as you when he was 39. Things turned out ok for him...

mel said...

that may be the most inspirational comment ever. I know I feel better anyway.