Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Anne's Revenge: Now It's Personal.

So the avian flu was just a scare? Huh. Who knew? Winnipeg, I guess.

I have started back at Anne of Green Gables: The Musical, tm. (Don't forget the tm, for Lucy Maud will reanimate and hunt you down.) Oh, and Canada Rocks also plays on the same stage, when Anne's not on. Canada Rocks is a Ganong Sampler of Canadian music, not all rock. I haven't seen it yet. During Canada Rocks, I'm filling the role of tee-shirt vendor, a la a rock concert. It's not too bad. I have to do some math and talk about the tensile strength of one tee versus another. I feel good about myself.

Working at the Confed Centre is really like riding a bike. Once you learn how to do it right, you can't forget how to do your job. I go through moments of thinking that it's lame to be working there, but it's actually not that bad. It's not that I don't like it there, it's just that I'd much rather prefer a real grown-up J-O-B, using some skills I learned in university. I could do way worse than the Confederation Centre.

I'm re-watching "The 'Bu," as one is wont to do. Did anyone notice that in the second episode, you can see Sacred Heart emblems in the hospital? Sacred Heart is the hospital on Scrubs, so I guess Sarah Chalke was a useful addition to the cast. I mean, of course she was! Besides the location!

7 comments:

Holly said...

I bet the 35 birds "culled" in reaction are mollified by Winnipeg's findings.

We have become a sad species - walking around poking dead bird carcasses for the newest "Asian invader," and running to the phones every time some poor middle aged bird has a coronary.

Yes, yes. It is a good time to be alive.

Holly said...

And I would rather have a case of bird flu than sit through Anne of Green Gables. Can't your dad put some sort of public health ban on THAT?

Catherine said...

Actually, it's a really good show. I wouldn't say it was good if it wasn't. Catie don't play that game.

Lynda said...

I can also vouch that Anne (tm) is a good show, and I shall defend it to the death.

Holly said...

It's more of the whole Anne juggernaut to which I object. I guess I just can't stand PEI's favourite red-headed step child in anything except, possibly, the books. The thing just annoys the snot out of me.

Ben said...

WHERE did you get that photo!?!?!?!?!

Catherine said...

What? You think you're the only one who has a huge archive of everything Anne?

Yes. Yes, you are.

Google, yo.