Thursday, November 10, 2005

Shit on the Radio.

I’ve been listening to Virgin Radio UK a lot lately (follow sidebar links to get %100 of your daily serving of Limey). It gives me The Yearn To Return.

I’m listening to it right now, and the song that just came on? “Brimful of Asha” by Cornershop. When I worked in England, the morning shift at the Utopia Health and Leisure Spa was at 6am, therefore I was up at 5am. The radio kept me awake while I prepared for my day and this song was on every morning at 5:15am, followed by the song that still (quite unexpectedly!) makes my blood boil just thinking about it: “Blue (Da Ba Bee)” by 65 Eiffel. I’m not sure the Cornershop song crossed the pond, but I know the GD “Blue” one did. Shudder. Maybe that kind of music is only relegated to very early morning radio, as the radio playing here at 8:30pm is 1:30am there.

Beatles Kareoke. Awesomely fun, turn up your speakers and start chanelling. Excellent synth keyboard accompanyment.

No comments: