Saturday, November 12, 2005

Cold Weather Comfort.

Every year I forget how much I hate the cold. It's like an icy poker of sorrow jammed in my side.

Take comfort in deliciousness. Here, in my great legacy of providing my readers with recipes, is my All-Time Favourite Cookie, from the love and kitchen of my Mum:

Pumpkin Cookies.

4 cup flour
2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spices (if pumpkin is pure)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup puree pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Combine 1st 6 ingredients and set aside. Cream margarine, gradually add sugars, beating til light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Alternate dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in choc. chips/raisins.

Bake 350 degrees 20 minutes. Makes a huge batch, and they are great for freezing. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Truly, you have blessed us all with this knowledge.

Catherine said...

You can thank me with making it and eating so many that you blow the top off your contentedness meter.

Christine said...

Done!

Holly said...

Awwww! I miss you and those cookies.

*sniff*