Thursday, October 13, 2005

Stone Cold Busted.

I’m coming down with something. For a couple of days, my throat/sinuses have been a little sore. It’s not to the point that I can’t swallow, but it’s more like some foreshadowing of what’s to come.

The mystery is: how have I gotten sick? I’ve not seen anyone in weeks. It’s like I was planning: I’ve been in preemptive quarantine. Here’s my theory: I caught the bug from my bug. I finally worked up the courage to dispose of Joey. He was in my bathroom and I put a Tupperware dish over him. He was there for two days, and then I started to feel bad, because I didn’t want him to starve to death – that’s way more cruel than stomping. I got a flat piece of plastic and slid it under, picked it up and took Joey outside. I put him under a tree out front. He suddenly didn’t look as menacing – or as big and black. Since I got rid of Joey, I haven’t seen Stewart or new guest, Perry, another spider of the same size and ilk as Joey. I think I did the humane version of putting Joey’s head on a spike: I frightened all the others away. Or, one of them made me sick and scurried away, cackling maniacally.

No comments: