Saturday, October 29, 2005

One Month.

I've been here a month now. The air is getting crisp - I love love love that crispness. It's cold when you breathe in through your nose and makes it necessary to bundle up. There's a knitting shop not far from here (I'd say about 1.5 hours' walk, or a few minutes in car). Mum and I went up yesterday, and I now have visions of long scarves and warm touques. Scarves and mitts and touques! Zippity!

Anyone know how to knit on 4 kneedles? I'm doing something terribly wrong. Oh, the humanity!

5 comments:

Christine said...

4 needles?!?! I never managed to figure out 2 needles...actually i'm still trying to repair the nerve damage I did to my index finger trying to learn with 2 needles.

Catherine said...

Yeah, it's best for 3D pieces (mitts, hats, socks), but I've abondoned that for the tried-and-true scarf on two needles until my aunt returns and she can teach me. Apparently she's a knitting guru. Like I'm a sitting guru.

Christine said...

Yay knitting and sitting! I still want to learn the whole knitting thang, but I've now lost my needles and yarn and stuff in the move...I don't remember doing it, but maybe I threw them out a window in frustration.

Lynda said...

I've only done the 4 needle thing once, when I was finishing the top of a hat I knit with a circular needle. Then I tried to make a pair of socks using 4 needles, and it was a disaster. They're so pointy.

Catherine said...

Yeah, besides there being no stopper a the end of the needle, I just don't know where to go - I just end up losing needles.