Monday, October 31, 2005

May-December Lovin’, an Op-Ed Piece.

Ten years is not that long. Really, it's not that big a difference. I’ve been driving for ten years. Pff. It has whizzed by. You know, a lot of very happy couples have ten years between them. Youth and wisdom hand in hand and and and hand in glove. When someone says "May-December romance," I think a twenty-year-old twinkie hooking up with an old-age pensioner who has tired of his Porche. That's different than a decade - a decade is nothing.

The point is, if I were to meet and fall in love with a man who was ten years older than me, or, hypothetically, ten years younger than me, I would hope that my friends wouldn’t judge our love and support our union.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Jackie emailed me to tell me she's got my back.

Holly said...

You're preaching to the choir, here... As you know.