Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Ta-ra to Park Street.

I’m going to be on the road for a couple days, moving my belongings or ex-belongings all over creation. Of course, we are now getting the tail end of Katrina, so we’ll have to be loading a minivan in the rain. Brrr.

I went for supper with Mark last night. ‘Twas a good time. It kinda sucks I’m only going be in Hamilton for another couple of weeks, because I’d like to get to know him better. Of course, it is all part of the comedy of my life that I meet someone interesting in the last month of living in this city that I've disliked so much. Bah on circumstances.

I have to go back to last-minute packing. It’s now down to this: there are two boxes on my bed. One is labelled “Hamilton Miscellany,” and the other, “Ottawa Miscellany.” It’s a nice way to say “dumping grounds.”

Final thought: check out the music of Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. I’ve been really digging this guy’s stuff for a little while, but he’s going on tour soon, with a lot of Canadian dates, including Vancouver, Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax. What! You say most of my friends live in these cities that I’ve listed? Huh! Coincidence. Seriously, this guy rocks in a cool way and he's well worth the c.$15 for cover.

No comments: