Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Guilty Pleasures.

The worst Christmas song that has recently been created is "The 8 Days of Christmas" by Destiny's Child. Unfortunately, it's also the catchiest. Dirty denim jeans? Oh, the humanity.

So, as promised, I will now provide you with a list of possibly vocations for Catherine S. Sweet. As you should all bloody well know, I will be finished of my MA before August, 2005, and will not be continuing on to a PhD. There are enough Dr. Sweets in my family, thank you. These are in no particular order, but the first one is the one I'm leaning on now.

1) Constructing Straw Bale Housing.
2) Going to film school (nebulous -- costume, set dressing, makeup, music production???).
3) Get a J.O.B. and pay off some debt.
4) Starting a mushroom farm.
5) Get a British visa and work in London; meet Colin Firth & live happily ever psychosis.
6) Patent tube tomatoes and sell the rights to Wendy's. (Most ingenious)
7) Become a John Mayer groupie. Does he have groupies?
8) Fry cook on Venus.

Film school scares me a little, because it will be a totally different kind of schooling that I'm used to, but at the same time, it's probably the wisest job-wise. Unfortunately, I'd probably have to move to the West Coast for work. And is that the world I want to be involved in? It's terribly shallow and materialistic.

That's why I like Straw Bale Housing. It doesn't consume resources like conventional housing, and it's so much more environmentally sound once it's built. It's suitable for Northern climates with high insulative qualities, super cheap to construct, and you can have a beautiful, unique and modern home. If I had land and about $30 grand, I'd build one this summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do number 5 (if I don't beat you to it), can I come visit you?

Lynda

Catherine said...

Um, I dunno what you have in mind, but if #5 actually happens, I guarantee to you and anyone else interested that the answer is NO.

Anonymous said...

I just want to see him.

And hear him say things like-

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

and

"Dearest, loveliest Elizabeth."

and

"I like you, just as you are."

and

"I happen to have a certain fondness for your wobbly bits."

and so on.

Lynda

Catherine said...

What? No quotes from "What a Girl Wants"?