Friday, November 26, 2004

Another Week Gone.

I passed in that paper I discussed in the last post. I did get 8 pages, and I was pretty pleased with the final product. Mike was fairly gentle with the editing process. The best part was: at one point I wrote something like: "Arjuna didn't want to fight and kill his family in the grand battle," and he wrote in the margin: "so why does he have to?" For anyone who's read & understood the Bhagavad Gita, this is funny.

Shit. I'm a jerk.

Am I being one of those snooty grad students? Yeah, I think I am. My bad. It's not fair for me to think that everyone else has dedicated so much of their time to understanding the intricacies of the Hindu tradition. I'm terrible. How am I supposed to find a job in the public sector? Sigh.

Another topic: I just had my 2nd last class of Capoeira for the semester. It was good tonight, but once again, my strength failed me and I had to stop playing a couple of time. On a related note, I think my friend Rubens is going to try to bring me a berimbau from Brazil when he goes home for Christmas! I'm so excited! It's such a cool instrument! In Capoeira, even if you can't fight very well, but can contribute to the game by playing music, that's just as valued. Maybe next summer you all can hear me play some berimbau!

No comments: